Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What will I do with my life?

I am coming to a crossroad in my life.  I have a son who is a sophomore in college and a daughter who is a junior in high school.  The last 20 years has been spent working my life around their lives.  Working only during school hours or when my husband is home, making myself available to help with the activities that they participate in.  In just 18 months, it will potentially be my husband, dog and me in the house while our kids are building their own lives. 


Will they still need us?  YES!  That has been proven the last year while Kyle is in college.  It will just be different, it won't be as much of the day to day and I'm really happy about that.  Our goal was to raise children that would go out into the world and make lives for themselves and be productive members of society. 


With that change comes me at a crossroad.  Do I want to find a full-time bookkeeping job and be out of the house 40+ hours per week?  Can I start a homebased business that will help us meet our goals but not take me out of the house for so many hours out of the week (I will still have a dog at home after all) and give me flexibility when the kids are home ? 


I'm hoping that this blog will help lead me to where I want to be.  Could I blog as a job?  That would be a dream.  To be able to craft, cook and share my ideas with others.  This is the beginning of the journey to see where I will be two years from now.


Here we go.....................

1 comment: