Friday, January 24, 2014

Heart Clothespins

HEART CLOTHESPINS


I love doing new things for Valentine's Day.  Pink has always been my favorite color so I love to be able to decorate for Valentine's Day.  I saw a company was selling some clothespins with hearts on them and thought, "I can do that!".  This was a really easy project and I really like the way the clothespins turned out.  The possibilities are endless!  I might have to try some shamrock ones for St. Patrick's Day.

You will need the following items:

Clothespins--any size, I used some medium sized ones that I found at Joann's but regular sized ones would work as well
Package of wooden hearts-also found at Joann's
Red and Pink paint
Wood stain (optional)
Glitter (optional)
Mod Podge


I started by painting the wooden hearts and while they were wet, I sprinkled on some glitter.  That technique was easy and it worked great.


While the hearts were drying, I used a Q-tip to put stain on the clothespins.  Let them sit for a few minutes and then wiped the extra stain off with a paper towel.  So simple.  Then I let everything dry for a couple of hours.

Once they were dry, I put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the hearts to seal on the glitter.  Let them dry another hour and then attach the hearts to the clothespins with a hot glue gun.

The project was especially quick and easy.  I'm looking forward to giving some Valentine cookies with the clothespins attached to some of my co-workers.  That will be another post :).


1 comment: